Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Program
Each year hundreds of trade persons are hired from all across the globe to come and work in Canada, and given the opportunity to reside permanently . The Government of Canada has established a special program – The Federal Skilled Trades Program to offer Permanent Resident Visa to Canada to qualified skilled foreign tradespeople in various high-demanding occupations.
If you are planning to apply under the Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Program, our team of Canadian immigration lawyers and consultants can help. we are here for you.
To be eligible for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Trades applicants must fulfill the following criteria:-
- They must have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada for a minimum period of one year, or Certificate of Qualification from a territory or province of Canada
- They must furnish a proof of basic language proficiency of any one of the two official languages of Canada – English or French
- They must have obtained two years of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years
- They must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience, and that they have performed all the essential duties of their respective occupation
Skilled Trades currently eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these major and minor groups of the NOC:
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.
This program is available through the Express Entry System.