Register to become a

Canadian Licensed Early Childhood Educator.

Citizenship / Immigration Status

You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or be authorized to work in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) in order to live and work as an Early Childhood Educator in Canada.

Tenn-K Consultants Ltd can help you navigate through the complicated process of becoming a registered and licensed Early Childhood Educator in Canada. Every Canadian Province has their own requirements and legislation that must be followed for licensing and registration.

The process entails:

Credential assessment

Language proficiency requirement

Application for registration



Early Childhood Educators

Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) work with children from infancy to age 12, including children with special needs. They plan and organize activities that help children develop intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.

ECEs can have varied job titles which may include:

Preschool teacher

Childcare worker or supervisor

Daycare worker or supervisor

Childcare practitioner

Home childcare visitor or consultant

Nursery school teacher

Childcare coordinator

Early learning educator

Registered Early Childhood Educator

The Government of Canada has placed Early Childhood Educators and Assistants on the list of Federal Skilled Worker Program. This means that there is an overwhelming need in Canada for these type of workers. This also means that if you are an Early Childhood Educator you can apply for permanent residency in Canada under the EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM and be relocate with your immediate family to live and work.

If you are an Early Childhood Educator or Assistant kindly contact us at for further information about the EXPRESS ENTRY program and the application process for Canadian Early Childhood Educator Licensing and Registration.

If you are not an Early Childhood Educator or Assistant but would like to receive training in Canada in order to gain a Certificate, Diploma or degree and provincial licensing and registration please email us your resume and an application letter to